These soups are perfect for weeknight meal planning or easy fall soups to enjoy over the weekend. Both take around 30 minutes to make and use my fool-proof, five-step method of making any type of soup. When you use local, high-quality ingredients, you don’t need to take too much time! Here is my easy soup method:
Five Steps to Make Easy Soups
*Season with salt at each step, season with other spices at the simmer step.
1. Sauté aromatics with oil. Add ground meat and cook.
2. Add chopped fresh veggies in order of hardest to softest.
3. Add broth, canned ingredients, grains, and any other raw meat that isn't ground (see step 1)
4. Cover, bring to a boil for a few minutes, then simmer until grains are cooked.
5. Remove from heat, add acids. (herbs, citrus juice or zest, vinegar, sour cream, etc.)
Serve and enjoy!